The fourth edition of Photofairs Shanghai kicks off today, giving collectors and fans the opportunity to catch legends like Man Ray and Irving Penn, as well as new talent like Chen Wei and Maroesjka Lavigne. There’ll also be a tribute to Chinese photographer Ren Hang, who died earlier this year.
See above for our pick of the best from the 50 galleries and institutions from 16 countries and 28 cities. And look out for the San Francisco edition of the fair next February.
PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai, September 8-10, 2017 Shanghai Exhibition Centre photofairs.org
- RENE BURRI, Horse Pool and House by Luis Barragan, San Cristobal, Mexico, 1976. Courtesy of Thomas Shao.
- Chen Wei Wei,Lost Hotel,2016,ShanghArt Gallry (Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore)
- Maroesjka Lavigne, Four Giraffes, Namibia. Courtesy of Robert Mann Gallery
- Shen Wei, Doorway (Red_Cyan). Courtesy of Flowers Gallery
- Ren Hang, Untitled, 2014. Courtesy of KWM artcenter (Beijing)
- Chen Xiaoyun, Dusk of Mr. Chen, 2007. Courtesy of David Chau
- Scarlett Hooft Graafland, Salt Steps, Courtesy of Flowers Gallery
- Harry Callahan, Chicago 1951. Courtesy Robert Mann Gallery (New York)
- Chen Wei, Ping Pong, 2011. Courtesy of David Chau