Sleep is one of the great luxuries of life. And while travel is one of the great luxuries, too – sleep and travel don’t make the best of bedfellows, especially when you’re flying. Even when your first-class seat majestically unfurls into a cotton-clad cot, or your relaxant tea is crushed from the finest chamomile, the luxury of in-flight sleep rarely runs as smooth as silk.
The more you fight it though, the more you lose it. So… don’t fight it. Instead, rise above it. And rise above it in unimaginably luxurious ways, with your head way up in the clouds. Here we bring you the most extravagant, deluxe – and practical – in-flight sleep accessories money can buy.
- Cloud yourself in cashmere with the Hermes Traveler Set, replete with the finest travel socks and mask on god’s green earth…. Lovingly wrapped in their own hand-woven case. US$830
2. The whole plane will be rubber necking with jealousy when you pop this over your shoulders. Adjustable fit and specced-up with button detailing, the Maison Margiela neck pillow is the pinnacle of vertical-snooze luxury. US$690
3. Spritz yourself into a heavenly haze with the Bamford Botanic Pillow Mist. Its heady mix of frankincense, lavender and marjoram will calm your over-active imagination and relax you mind. US$55
4. There simply isn’t a travel blanket in the luxury travel market with a softer landing. Handwoven with 100% cashmere, and unfurling to 59 x 79 inches, the Hermes Traveler Blanket is pure blue-sky luxury. Snug as a bug in a rug. US$2,925
5. A cluttered mind doesn’t have to mean a cluttered life. Sleeker than Concorde and with more compartments than a jumbo jet, the Valextra all-in-one travel wallet will keep your cash, cards and travel docs in impeccable check… allowing your mind to drift to a more peaceful place. US$ 1,880